Accès aux services de base
With the core strategic aim of promoting sustainable food production, the Metropolis signed a PAT (Projet Alimentaire Territorial - or local food project, a French initiative to reinforce local agriculture) The PAT identifies good practices implemented across the region with the primary goal of facilitating their dissemination
- Encourage short supply chains participating in the development of the local organic and conventional agriculture sector and, through this measure, the relaunching of food markets to support local producers.
- Integrate specific criteria such as the time between picking and reception of the product.
- Offer educational tours of food production sites in such a way as to maintain a local supply offer for public contracts.
- Give preference to food that is a produced by organic agriculture or which carries other quality certification (Red Label for example).
- Combat food waste.
- Ensuring the continuity of food aid to meet people’s needs at all times and seasons
- Encouraging better knowledge and a forum for dialogue between associations for more complementarity
- Strengthening links with social services for public orientation.