With the core strategic aim of promoting sustainable food production, the Metropolis signed a PAT (Projet Alimentaire Territorial - or local food project, a French initiative to reinforce local agriculture) The PAT identifies good practices implemented across the region with the primary goal of facilitating their dissemination
- Encourage short supply chains participating in the development of the local organic and conventional agriculture sector and, through this measure, the relaunching of food markets to support local producers.
- Integrate specific criteria such as the time between picking and reception of the product.
- Offer educational tours of food production sites in such a way as to maintain a local supply offer for public contracts.
- Give preference to food that is a produced by organic agriculture or which carries other quality certification (Red Label for example).
- Combat food waste.
- growth in the region’s capacity to produce and process food,
- the structuring of the supply network for the consumer region,
- the promotion of "field to plate” practices with the least possible impact on natural resources,
- a guarantee that everyone has access to a beneficial, reasonably priced diet.